Church Safety Workshop
Pre-registration is closed. You can register at the door.
Cost is $10, lunch is not included
March 26, 2019
8601 Hague Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46256
Vocational Ministry Professionals, Risk Managers, Pastors, Children’s Ministers, Safety & Security Personnel, Elders and Deacons, Ministry Volunteers
• Common misconceptions
• Abuser characteristics
• The 'grooming process behaviors'
• Peer-to-peer sexual abuse
• Reporting responsibilities
• Changes in current legislation
• Description of an effective Safety System
• Description of an effective Screening Process
• Tools and resources for reducing the
Gregory Love, Esq.
10:00 – 12:00 Section 1: Awareness – What we need to KNOW
Sexual Abuse Awareness Training: Facts About Sexual Abuse & Sexual Abusers
We cannot reduce
12:00 – 12:30 Lunch
12:30 – 1:45 Section 2: Safety System – What we need to DO
- The Awareness Training in Section 1 provides information regarding the risk of sexual abuse – giving staff members and volunteers the “Why”. This section outlines the recommended elements of an effective safety system for Church ministries – outlining the “What”:
- Sexual Abuse Awareness Training;
- Skillful Screening;
- Tailored Policies & Procedures;
- Appropriate Criminal Background Checks;
- Systems for Monitoring and Oversight.
1:45 – 2:00 Break
2:00 – 3:00 Section 3:
Getting the Tools/Sexual Abuse Fire Drill
After describing the elements of an effective safety system for Church ministries, this section will identify tools and