Woman's Missionary Union
Objectives of WMU
- Pray for Missions
- The objectives of WMU (formerly called "areas of missions focus") reflect a biblical understanding of missions and provide a holistic approach to missions awareness and participation. Content in WMU materials supports these objectives, providing a comprehensive and balanced approach to missions in the church.
- Engage in Mission Action and Witnessing
- The teaching and actions of Jesus recorded in the New Testament show us that the Christian faith is not stagnant but active and participatory. We are to share the gospel in word and deed verbally and through our actions.
- Learn About Missions
- Learning about missions helps believers better understand what God says about making His name known throughout the earth.
- Support Missions
- Christians have a part in upholding the cause of missions, maintaining missions work, and encouraging missions personnel.
- Develop Spiritually Toward a Missions Lifestyle
For the believer, spiritual development involves growing in our relationship with Jesus Christ. It involves day-to-day living that applies and carries out the missions imperatives of God’s Word.
Participate in the Work of the Church and Denomination
- As a missions ministry within a congregation, WMU encourages and provides opportunities for all church members and other participants to be aware of and involved in missions and cooperates with other missions ministries within the congregation to help the congregation fulfill its missions potential.