Personal Community Outreach
What is My Hope with Billy Graham?
1. My Hope is a massive, nationwide effort to train and mobilize thousands of churches and Christians to pray for, befriend, and witness to unsaved people in the context of their relationships and homes. This effort follows the example of Matthew. Jesus called Matthew, who invited his friends to a comfortable meeting in his home, and Jesus gave His message to them. Billy Graham is looking for modern day “Matthews” who will do the same.
2. My Hope with Billy Graham will culminate in what is expected to be Billy Graham’s final call to America to turn to God, using various media platforms (TV, videos, downloadable programs, etc.), in conjunction with his 95th birthday, November 2013. In a nutshell, My Hope is relationship evangelism, but done on a large scale.
3. A comparison of results is very motivating:
- After 50 years of mobilizing churches in cities to fill stadiums for Billy Graham crusades of Gospel preaching, there are reports of 3.5 million individuals making a decision for Christ.
- In the past 10 years, My Hope has mobilized churches across entire nations to fill living rooms to watch a Billy Graham presentation of the Gospel. In that 10 year period, nearly 10 million have decided to follow Christ. This exponential increase has been accompanied by a much more effective follow-up, because guests who make decisions to follow Christ are already connected to believers in whose homes they made their commitment. Then the new believers are brought into local churches. The results have been tremendous in 57 countries.
4. Christians will be mobilized and trained by their local pastors or ministry leaders; pastors and ministry leaders will have been prepared by BGEA-trained staff and volunteers, using BGEA materials and videos specially prepared for My Hope in the US; training will also be available on the Internet, with features to encourage “Matthews” to follow through on their commitment to reach friends, family, neighbors, work and school associates for Christ.
5. Invite... your friends and neighbors who do not know Jesus Christ to your home for a meal or dessert.
Watch... the special program featuring popular music, real-life stories and a short message from Billy Graham.
Share... briefly how Jesus gave you hope. Then share with them what He is doing in your life today.
Ask... your friends if they would like to receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, then pray with them.
6. Millions of people have done it. So can you!
Look Inward... should not all of us look inward to ask the Lord to remove any unclean or impure thought/part of our own hearts so we can be empty of ourselves and then focus on others as He wants us to?
Look Around... and identify your friends, neighbors, co-workers and family who do not know Jesus Christ as their Savior. Write their names on a list.
Look Up... and pray every day for each person you have listed.
Look Out... for opportunities to build your relationship with these people.
Look Forward... to preparing your home and inviting every person on your list to attend.
Look After... those who give their lives to Jesus Christ and help them grow in their faith, and continue your relationship with the others.