Visitor / guest Friendly Church:
“Let brotherly love continue. Don’t neglect to show hospitality, for by doing this some have welcomed angels as guests without knowing it. Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily.”
Two Facts To Consider
FACT#1: Your church cannot grow without GUESTS.
FACT#2: Your church cannot grow if your GUESTS DON’T COME BACK.
Since we know these two facts to be true, then the obvious question is:
What are you doing every Sunday to make sure your guests return?
Getting Ready For Company
What is the difference between a GUEST and a VISITOR?
It is the difference between never missing another Sunday...and never coming back. It is all about value.
On The Outside
Did you know?
Researchers say that church guests decide whether or not to return to the church they are visiting in the FIRST 10 TO 12 MINUTES upon entering the church campus.
So, what happens in the first twelve minutes?
A. Your church campus must:
- Have DIRECTIONAL signage in parking areas and outside of buildings
- Be well LANDSCAPED
- Be CLEAN and well maintained
- Be INVITING cosmetically
B. Parking Lot/Guest Parking
- Adequate number of guest parking spaces
- Easy to IDENTIFY and LOCATE
- Must have BEST PARKING SPACES for guests
- Must have BEST GREETERS
C. Your Greeters...
- Should wear NAME TAGS
- Should be FRIENDLY
- Should understand the VALUE of this time
- Should ESCORT guests to the welcome/information center
- Should INTRODUCE guests by name
Transitioning Our Guests
Parking lot greeters should escort all guests from the parking lot to the Welcome/Information Center. This time is extremely valuable and should be used to discover the interests and needs which the church can meet.
On The Inside
The Welcome/Information Center
At the Welcome/Information Center, all guests must be welcomed and receive information.
What type of information?
- Church NEWSLETTER
- Information on upcoming EVENTS for all ages
- Information on ALL MINISTRIES
- Information about DISCIPLESHIP classes
- Information on RECREATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
- Information on the STAFF and who to call for what
- Campus MAP
Parking Lot Greeters then escort the guests to a Sunday School class, nursery, youth area or to the Worship Center. There, they must be introduced to the class greeters, teacher or usher.
The Nursery area must be CLEAN, BRIGHT, CHEERFUL and SECURE.
Acknowledge Guests During The Worship Service
How we acknowledge our guests during a worship service can make them feel either welcomed or embarrassed.
How To Make Your Guests Feel Valued
- Include - do not EXCLUDE. Act like every person is a first-time guest.
- Everyone who gives an announcement, sings, speaks, etc., must be introduced or introduce themselves.
- When you acknowledge your guests, allow them some anonymity.
- Teach your people to VALUE your guests.
- Provide a RECEPTION for guests following the service so they can personally meet the pastor and staff.