Provided through Guidestone (formerly the Annuity Board) in cooperation with State Convention of Baptists in Indiana
The Church Annuity Plan (CHAP)
The Church Annuity Plan is a 403(b)(9) retirement plan. By participating in this type of retirement plan, contributions you and/or your employer (church, school, or association) make into your retirement account can be tax-sheltered and tax-deferred. This means you will not pay taxes on your contributions or your earnings until withdrawal. The Church Annuity Plan is offered as an employer-sponsored retirement plan through your employer.
- You must receive W-2 taxable income from a Southern Baptist church, church-related school or association that is recognized by your state Southern Baptist convention.
- You and/or your employer can make contributions to your retirement account.
- Your contribution can be automatically deducted from your paycheck by your employer and placed into your retirement account.
- There is no minimum contribution amount required to participate in the retirement plan.
- There are potential tax advantages for persons recognized as “a minister for tax purposes” by the IRS. Contact GuideStone for ministerial tax materials.
Added benefits provided by your convention
- Up to $500 a month in disability protection.*
- Up to $100,000 in life protection.*
- Up to $210 matching dollars each year in retirement contributions from your convention.
To receive state convention benefits, your church must contribute a minimum of $1,000.00 per employee per annum to Cooperative Program through SCBI. For church eligibility, contact your state convention office.
Enrollment Application Form (pdf)
Enroll now at: www.guidestone.org or call 1.800.262.0511
Additional retirement resources:
- Mission/Church Assistance Fund
- Ministers’ Annuity Plan
*Provided at no cost and without medical underwriting by your Baptist state convention. Please refer to The Church Annuity Plan brochure for further details on receiving this benefit.
Roll money into your GuideStone retirement plan
Join the 1% Club to help you with retirement savings
Know your retirement contribution limits
View an online presentation
Frequently asked questions
Forms and documents
Schools offering CHAP