I would like to issue a challenge. Let’s call it the Everyman’s Baptist Church Worship Challenge.
Take last week’s order of worship and then find a bulletin from one year ago, then one from five years ago. How about an old mimeographed copy from 10 years ago? Now compare the order of worship of each.
- Have the elements stayed pretty much the same? Is it usually hymn, prayer, hymn, offering, special music, message, invitation hymn or something similar?
- Have the instruments used to accompany worship remained exactly the same?
- Has your music come pretty much from the Baptist Hymnal and Glory Songs and the occasional anthem or collection?
- Are the worship leaders still the same ones as they were 10 years ago?
If the answer to any of these questions is “yes” then you are definitely in need of a worship consultation. A worship consultation begins with looking at your present style of worship and evaluating whether it is effectively working with your congregation. The consultant will help you think about new elements that might bring refreshment to your old, tired worship lineup:
- Using new scripture choruses or fresh arrangements of traditional hymns
- Using worship presentation software to help people look up and sing
- Incorporating drama and video illustrations
- Presenting God’s Word in new ways
- Enlisting new instruments and players to give more variety to your worship sound palette
- Presenting the pastor’s message more effectively
317-481-2400 ext 230
Sign up for our Worship Email Newsletter
1/15/13 Streamlined Master of Arts in Worship degree breaks distance, language barriers