Exalt Him Student Worship Retreat
April 10-11, 2015
Highland Lakes Baptist Camp
Students in grades 7-12
Exalt Him Student Worship Retreat is an opportunity for gifted students grades 7-12 to explore various worship arts through classes and exciting worship.
Speaker: Brad Walker
Brad is married to Starla and they have 3 children: Emma, Haddon, and Pax. Brad has served previously at churches in Missouri, Kentucky, Georgia, and now Indiana. In his free time, he enjoys being a part of the family business with his wife, reading, playing guitar, and watching St. Louis Cardinals baseball. Since moving into the downtown New Albany area, Brad and his family have seen the importance of 'presnece' with people and how that can effectively build bridges to share the Good News of Jesus.
Worship Led By: Resonance
Resonance is a group from Cedarville University that represent the worship program of the Department of Music and Worship. They are students studying worship and serve the body of Christ in local churches, youth events, conferences, etc., with a commitment to biblically rich, musically excellent, congregational songs for the church. Resonance represents not only their music that physically resonates, but their desire for the Word of God to resonate in their hearts and in their worship. Colossans 3:16 says "Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God."
Comments from Last Year:
- "I love this student worship retreat. I love all of my classes. I always learn something new every time I come here."
- "I loved EVERYTHING! It was so good! I especially loved the band."
- "I really liked the band and the camp; I definitely want to come back next year."
- As a result of attending the retreat I want to go back to my church and: "show what I learned during the retreat. I am going to tell them how God wants to use me."
- As a result of attending the retreat I want to go back to my church and: "use my talent to bring a message to others."