RECOMMENDATIONS TO THE 2016 STATE CONVENTION
ARRANGEMENTS COMMITTEE RECOMMENDATIONS
Recommendation that 2017 Annual Sermon be presented by Rev. Lonnie Anderson (Mount Pisgah Missionary Baptist Church, Kokomo) with Rev. Ray Deeter (Grace Baptist Church, Evansville) as alternate
Recommendation that the 2019 annual meeting be hosted by Highland Lakes Baptist Camp on October 28-29
EXECUTIVE BOARD RECOMMENDATIONS
Proposed Bylaws Revision
The Executive Board recommends that the Bylaws be revised as follows:
· Membership Exclusion be deleted from ARTICLE VIII – ANNUAL MEETING PROCEDURES, moved to ARTICLE VII - MEMBERSHIP, Section 3.
· Membership Exclusion Bylaw be rewritten as follows:
Section 3. Membership Exclusion
1) The Credentials Committee, SCBI, shall be assigned the task of determining any church who, by their actions and/or doctrine, has ceased to be a "Cooperating Southern Baptist Church.” (Minimum requirements established – see Article VII, Section 1, 1-3).
2) SCBI Executive Board shall adopt and oversee a process of intervention with each church deemed to no longer be a cooperating church as defined in Section 1 above.
3) Should a church in affiliation with SCBI, after intervention, choose not to cooperate with SCBI/SBC, the SCBI Credentials Committee shall bring a recommendation to the Administrative Committee of the SCBI Executive Board for release.
4) The SCBI Executive Board shall report all actions for release to the Annual SCBI meeting, as part of the Executive Board Report, as well as to the Southern Baptist Convention Executive Committee.